Quick question...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JeremyWW, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

Do I need this option? I do not use Outlook Express. What exactly is Windows Mail - Hotmail?...or something else. Sorry if it's a silly question...

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Windows Mail is the new version of Hotmail I think.

3. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Not a silly question at all as no one can know everything. Windows Mail is the new, great-looking mail client built-into Vista.

4. JeremyWW

Ahhhh...thanks...

5. JeremyWW

That's why I don't know - I'll uncheck that one then as I run Outlook 2003 only on XP Pro. Thanks.

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Sorry after more thought, Windows Mail is the new version(replacement for is more accurate i guess) of Outlook Express that is used in Vista.

7. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Windows Mail has nothing to do with Hotmail, you can't even use Hotmail on it, it is the Windows Vista mail client, pretty much the same as Outlook now apart from the stuff you don't need :)

8. Alf_

Alf_ Registered Member

To complete this thread, there is also a "Windows Live Mail Desktop" (still beta) that could be used with WinXP. Don't now if it is the same app that is mentioned here above for Vista, because I don't (want to) use Vista (yet).
    Maybe an Eset moderator can clarify what apps are exactly covered by this setting is ESS?

9. JeremyWW

Yes that would be useful...

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I for one could not find "Windows Live Mail Desktop" that would work like a mail client similar to Outlook Express / Windows Mail. Could you instruct me as to where it can be downloaded from? I could only find a web page that offered me to download these products:

Attached Files:

• ms.png
      ms.png
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
  11. Steel

Steel Registered Member

For the moment the actual V.3 AV seems really good and it runs very smooth. But I for one have problems with some of the new features and options. So, i do not really know how to set or use them right.

Btw. what are the differences between the latest 2.70.39 and the actual 3.0... ? Meant by the improvements or new features ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

More information about it:
    http://get.live.com/en-us/betas/home

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Mail

http://morethanmail.spaces.live.com/

13. Alf_

Alf_ Registered Member

The problem with this link is, that MS redirects you to a country dependent website, where only the applications for that specific country are mentioned.
    As of today I was using Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta (on WinXp Pro SP2) in the Dutch language. It suddenly stopped working yesterday with the advise of MS to update the program: 'Client is requesting a deprecated version of the service. User should upgrade to the newest version of the client'.
    But the new version of Windows Live Mail (they skipped the Desktop part) is only available in English, German, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese, not in Dutch. Also there is no (auto)update through MS-update site for the Dutch beta version.
    I've downloaded en installed the English version of Windows Live Mail v. 12.0.1202.0516. You can get it here:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4f-ae61-0d9a91cce4b1/EN-US/Install_WLMail.exe

I hope you can still answer my original question.

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks for updating me , Alf . I really didn't know it is ready for download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.