Quick question about Spyware Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BrianB, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianB

BrianB Guest

I'm relatively new to Spyware Blaster and want to make sure that it's working correctly on my machine.

When I enabled all protection, I checked my settings in Firefox (tools => options => privacy => cookies => exceptions) and saw that Spyware Blaster had blocked all the spyware cookies it said it would. Then I went in to IE and performed what I thought would be the same check (tools => internet options => privacy => sites). No cookies were listed as being permanently blocked. Am I checking in the wrong place? Am I wrong about what Spyware Blaster does to disable spyware cookies in IE? Or is something not working correctly?

I am running Windows XP (service pack 2), IE 6.0 (sp2), and Spyware Blaster 3.3.

Thanks for any help or direction you can offer.

2. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  3. Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Guest

The Settings for IE
    Select
    Protection | Internet Explorer(<--on top-middle)

You should then see checkboxes and a list.

It does Prevent Spyware Tracking Cookies.

Has a couple other tweaking tools too.

**You will need to manually update unless you donated then autoupdate works

Works in conjunction with SpyBot Search and Destroy for more protection and its loaded with tools.

4. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

It does block cookies. It does this however, with its Restricted Sites protection. Once a site is placed in this zone it is not allowed to take many malicious actions on your computer and that includes even cookies!!

5. BrianB

BrianB Guest

Thanks, ericguy. I hadn't thought to check under Restricted Sites in IE. Now I know things are working okay.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are enabling ALL protection....and you do not see sites listed via tools => internet options => privacy => sites....you still have a problem. Granted....enabling ALL protection does add sites to IE's Restricted Zone and cookies are disabled by default for that Zone....Spywareblaster should be adding sites to IE's tools => internet options => privacy => sites also o_O

Are you by chance using Panda as your Anti-virus program ?

Followup question

@ BrianB
    Are using Spybot and it's Immunization feature ?
    If so....and you have the 3Mar2005 Spybot update....it had a defect in that update that is causing this same situation for many users.

This thread at Wilders---> Spyware Blaster & Spybot S&D - Not doing its job?

This thread @ Spybot's Official Support Forum---> Defect In Immunization. Reported, 3Mar2005 Spybot updates

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  7. BrianB

BrianB Guest

Bubba,
    I have two anti-virus programs going: McAfee and AVG Free Version. I have tried disabling both of them and enabling all protection again - still no sites show up in tools > internet options > privacy > sites. I was also using Spybot S&D's Immunize feature. I tried disabling that and enabling Spyware Blaster's protection again - still no results. Any other suggestions?

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Disabling of Spybot's Immunization is not the fix and I have no other suggestions other than what I supplied in post # 6 above.

Did you follow either one of those links I added as a Follow-up....which you may not of seen while you were posting ?

9. BrianB

BrianB Guest

Bubba,
    Saw the links after I posted. I'll give them a try. Thanks for your help.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome and hopefully it will work. Let us know how it goes.

11. BrianB

BrianB Guest

Worked great. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.