Quick Question about Kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, I just wanted to make sure, if i download the trial version of 4.5 personal pro. I trial it and then afterwards i can buy a licence key and that trial becomes the full version. Is that correct.

Thanks for your help.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Anthony1uk,
    That's correct, although for my version 5.0 it was. :)
    Be careful to only buy the license key and not the full version. I did once. :doubt:

3. AnthonyG

Thanks can i ask does the V5 Personal Pro Licence key also work for 4.5 personal pro AV as i may wish to change to this version once when the ADS tag issue has been sorted but obviously i dont want to have to buy two licence keys when i dont have to.

Thanks

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I think one license key for both would do, because I've read it here somewhere. Can't find it at present, so maybe someone else can confirm my statement. :doubt:

Maybe it was in this long topic about KAV 5 Pro. ;)

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, the key will work with both as Kaspersky sells a service (which lasts a year), not a specific version. It will work with Personal too if you wish. :)

6. AnthonyG

Hi, I have another quick question.

I am thinking of installing 4.5 personal pro for the first time but i was wondering it states on the kapersky web page i need XP service pack 1. I have no service packs installed and have no intention of doing so (i tried three times to install SP1 and each time totally messed up my computer)

So can i still install Kav 4.5 ok and will it be ok on my machine with no service packs (if not would F-Secure be a good alternive in this case or does that need sp1 too).

Thanks

7. Don Pelotas

Anthony, where (a link would be good) did you see this, because it surprised me so much that i downloaded the documentation for 4.5 Pro and under requirements it doesn't mention anything about SP1. o_O :)

8. AnthonyG

Here

http://www.kaspersky.com/personal

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional
    * Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 or higher
    * Service Pack 1 or later
    * 300MHz Intel Pentium processor (or compatible)
    * 128MB of RAM (more recommended)
    * 50MB available on HDD
    A while ago when i tried to install kaspersky it brought up a warning screen saying sp1 needed. so i cancelled the install. This was a while ago

9. Don Pelotas

Ah, i see, but the link contains the requirements for 5.0, didn't you want 4.5 Pro and only at a later date perhaps change to 5.0 ?
    Lets say that you use 4.5 for 4-8 months and then want to try 5.0, at this point SP2 should be alot more "mature" and perhaps a much better match for your computer than SP1. Just a thought. :)

BTW. F-Secure uses the 4.5 kav engine i believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.