questions on ESET NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sportsfan7700, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    I have a few questions on ESET NOD 32

-I'm just coming off of a Norton Internet security 2011 which I used for about a year.. the last version of NOD I used was version 4. I'm concerned about two things:

1). my system is a pretty low end machine. It has two gigs of RAM, a 500 GB hard drive and it's a Pentium R (bought in 2006). You think it will run ESET fairly well?

2). as far as renewals, if I buy a one-year license I had read somewhere on this forum, do I automatically at the end of 2012, have to purchase another license at the cost of $40 (or as long as the license is good I can upgrade)?

-Hello,

Many antimalware companies do not provide free version upgrades. The version you bought is the version you are stuck with; and if the vendor stops providing signature updates before your license for that version has expired, you have to purchase a new license to get the latest version of the software and updates. can you clarify this? I am a bit confused. Thanks! Matt

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

1. You should have no problem running NOD32 on your machine.
    2. As long as your license is valid, version upgrades are free.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

FYI. I run ESS on an old AMD Athlon 2800+ with ONLY 512MB of RAM installed.
    And I don't even notice that I have ESS installed. :thumb:

Also FYI it uses between 50-100 MB of RAM (in general that is but it might be lower in some cases) but in return it's very light on I/O usage. But I guess you already know that since you have used ESETs products before ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.