Questions concerning purchase, etc....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Vietnam Vet, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hi,

The hard drive in my daughter's computer failed. After replacing it, I installed the trial version of Nod32. Long story short, due to schedule conflicts, I never got back to the computer before the trial expired. Nod32 now has errors on rebooting the system or if clicking the Nod icon, etc. My question, is this the proper designed operation of an expired copy of Nod, which will be taken care of when the trial is uninstalled, or has something unrelated to the expiration gone wrong?

Now, concerning the purchase of Nod, it will be purchased as a gift by myself, and I want to download it using my computer. Is this acceptable, and if so, is there any particular procedure that must be followed, as in the end, I want this copy of Nod to belong to her, not me.

Finally, since I already have the latest version of Nod downloaded and saved to cd, is it possible, after I have recieved her username and password, to install from my saved copy and then enter the proper user name and password during install and setup?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    VV

2. I-Vladimir

I-Vladimir Registered Member

Hi,
    If you cannot uninstall nod32 trial, you may run msconfig.exe, disable nod32kui.exe gui application and NOD32 service (see Services), reboot your system, delete all files from c:\program files\eset and install commercial version. Should work.

Regards,
    Vladimir

3. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Hello I-Vladimir,

Have not tried as yet to uninstall the trial version. Was not really expecting problems, but more of a confirmation of this behaviour as the expected and normal operation of the expired copy of Nod. Have already stopped the GUI(explained to her over the phone). By the way, system is Windows ME and as far as I am aware, there are no other problems.

Thank you for your reply.
    VV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.