Questions before purchasing?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DaveTomneyUK, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Registered Member

Hi,

Q1: When will there be a ESET Smart Security 5 released?
    Q2: Will ESET Smart Security work on Windows 7 (64 bit)?
    Q3: If I buy ESET Smart Security of "Amazon (UK)" will I still be able to use your downloads section (http://www.eset.co.uk/Download/HomeEditions) to get the newest version?

Thanks

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Hi,

Q1: ESET does not disclose any information about time schedules/roadmaps/future changes etcetera.
    Although my guess is that the beta will come in the coming 6 months, and the final Q3 or Q4 2011.
    One thing which we are sure of is that parental control will be included in version 5 (doesn't make my heart beat faster though).

Q2: Yes, I am also using ESET on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. ESET was one of the first supporters of 64-bit anyway.

Q3: Yes, probably you will an email with further instructions from Amazon, after that you will receive your license credentials from ESET UK. Similarly, I bought it on the Hitman Pro shop, but I received my license from NOD32 The Netherlands. I can use the credentials on all ESET sites (.com, .eu, .nl, etc.).

3. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Tomás Kalab said "I don´t want to promise anything". "We are discussing parental Controls and others"
    See here at 5:20 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UJBKxeNa0
    I´m not sure about that inclusion, I don´t believe that parental control protect me from malware, or network attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.