Questions before purchasing?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DaveTomneyUK, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Registered Member

Hi,

Q1: When will there be a ESET Smart Security 5 released?
    Q2: Will ESET Smart Security work on Windows 7 (64 bit)?
    Q3: If I buy ESET Smart Security of "Amazon (UK)" will I still be able to use your downloads section (http://www.eset.co.uk/Download/HomeEditions) to get the newest version?

Thanks

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Hi,

Q1: ESET does not disclose any information about time schedules/roadmaps/future changes etcetera.
    Although my guess is that the beta will come in the coming 6 months, and the final Q3 or Q4 2011.
    One thing which we are sure of is that parental control will be included in version 5 (doesn't make my heart beat faster though).

Q2: Yes, I am also using ESET on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. ESET was one of the first supporters of 64-bit anyway.

Q3: Yes, probably you will an email with further instructions from Amazon, after that you will receive your license credentials from ESET UK. Similarly, I bought it on the Hitman Pro shop, but I received my license from NOD32 The Netherlands. I can use the credentials on all ESET sites (.com, .eu, .nl, etc.).

3. DaveTomneyUK

DaveTomneyUK Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Tomás Kalab said "I don´t want to promise anything". "We are discussing parental Controls and others"
    See here at 5:20 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UJBKxeNa0
    I´m not sure about that inclusion, I don´t believe that parental control protect me from malware, or network attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.