Questions before considering Hostsman

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JRCATES, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Re: Do i need IE Spyad,AGNIS & HOSTS file.

Hey guys, I've been using the GeoSoft Hosts File Manager, and want to dump it for HostsMan....but I have a couple of questions:

1) Does HostsMan have the ability to use command parameters to schedule the download and installation of new Hosts file listings (like through MVPS) on a regular basis, without user interaction required?, and
    2) If I "uninstall" the current Hosts File Manager....I don't think that it will delete the current hosts file and return it to it's prior state (before installation of Hosts File Manager), so how would I go about cleaning out the current file? Or would it be best to leave it in place?

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

With the current version you don't, but the next version will have it, and I can assure you that works very well... ;)

If you install the HostsMan, you can set to clean the current state of the hosts file ;)

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks, VC. I see that the "current" version of HostsMan is 2.1 - is that what you are using? And if so, are you referring to their next "upcoming" release, and if so, any idea when they plan to release it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.