Questions about the Recovery CD/Linux environment

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by E-Buzz, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Paragon Recovery CD is now based on Linux instead of WinPE as it was earlier. Basically a good thing, i presume you have to pay Microsoft a licence fee when using WinPE so saving up a couple of bucks is always a good thing.

Got some questions about the Linux environment on the Rescue CD though. When creating it you have the option to add your own files, a very good thing indeed. But how do you access those files after booting from Rescue CD? I only made a quick check of the CD but i could not find anything like a file browser or similar to get me to those self-added files. Am i supposed to use the Linux command shell (for advanced users, as Paragon says) to access those files?

If i add like an offline registry tool or a virus/spyware scanner and remover to the rescue CD, can i run them? If so, how do i do that? We are in a Linux environment, is it possible to run self-added Windows executables there?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello E-buzz

If you like to add your own files into the linux recovery disk, you can access the linux iso in program files/paragon software/program/ISO.

Use a program like MagicISO to add any files you may need.

To transfer files inside the recovery cd, you can use the file transfer wizard under Tools and typically the CD should be listed as X:

However, it's limited on what you can do in the Linux disk. If you need to run custom tasks, I would look into the BartPE route.

-Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.