Questions about subscriptions and Win7 compat.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carbonyl, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Hi everyone.

I've been a NOD32 user for a few years now, and typically very happy with the software. I've been running 2.7 for a long time due to compatibility issues, but a recent scare about a possibly rootkit (don't know how it slipped through, or past NOD, considering I browse safely) has lead me to the point where I'll probably be installing the Win7 Release Candidate soon.

Does anyone have experience with Win7 compatibility and NOD32? I'll probably start using NOD32 v4, just to get myself up to date, but I'm not sure if NOD's only compatible with an OS as late as Vista. I've also heard some nasty things about NOD v4 being a huge resource hog. Are these rumors true? I do a heck of a lot of gaming, and one of the reasons I adored v2.7 was that it was so light and fast.

Any tips anyone could provide on this matter would be most appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Oops, I almost forgot. Currently I have a subscription to NOD that lasts for roughly another year. If I want v4, and I want to install it fresh on my reformatted machine, will I be able to use my current subscription with v4, and continue to get updates? Or will I need to purchase another copy of NOD?

2. Waterfox

Waterfox Registered Member

Yes, your current subscription to NOD gives you the ability to upgrade to version 4 and keep getting the updates as long as your license is valid.
    With your username and password you can download any version of NOD32 you will (2.7, 3.0 or 4.0).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.