questions about shadowuser 2.5

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by canyue, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canyue

canyue Registered Member

When i user this software, I find a problem. if i choose Restart ShadeMode(lose all changes),the computer restat and i find shadowuser protect all my volums. i just want to protect the system volum,how should i do if i just want to free shadowuser used spaces, i do not want to protect all my volums ,thanks!

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Restart with a deactivation of ShadowUser. While the system is in normal mode, double click the ShadowUser system tray icon, and select Configuration. The Volumes tab should already be highlighted. Select the volumes desired as indicated below.

Blue

Attached Files:

• SU.png
      SU.png
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
  3. canyue

canyue Registered Member

thanks BlueZannetti
    yes,but i have done it !I mean that i have choosen system volum,but if i choose the option "Restart ShadeMode(lose all changes)", i find strange things happen,it changed protect all volumes,NOT SYSTEM VOLUME.i want to know how should i do to protect system only?

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but if you choose Restart ShadowMode (lose all changes), it will do just that, lose any changes made. That is why I suggested you deactivate/disable shadowmode on a restart, edit the configuration accordingly, then reactivate on a second restart.

Blue

5. canyue

canyue Registered Member

thanks thanks BlueZannetti
    i do it as you told me!shadowuser works perfectly!but this should restart computer twice!any good ideas?

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

canyue,
    You can't use ShadowUser(SU) without preparation and reading the manual thoroughly and find out what the possibilities of SU are and what it can do for you.
    Wilders has some very good posts about SU also and these posts explain SU much better than ShadowStor ever did. Search with the word "ShadowUser" at Wilders and you will find them.
    A good alternative for SU is DeepFreeze and there other softwares to consider, like FirstDefense-ISR and RollbackRx.
    Try them one-by-one in trial mode, before you buy (too quickly).
    Also the combination with defraggers and image/file backup needs to be tested.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  7. canyue

canyue Registered Member

thank you all the same!
    deepfreeze uses so many memory!i find it stars using servise!and it will lose all of the change after reboots!fistdefense i have not used!i will try it later!thanks for your advice! i am a newer!thanks!

8. canyue

canyue Registered Member

if i use in trail mode,does it have any limitation?

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Well I'm a newbie in all these softwares too and that doesn't bother me, because I can learn how to use them and get
    familiar with them. You only need PATIENCE for that and share your problems with other members, if you can't do it alone.
    I don't think I will have hardware limitations with my new computer. That is one of the things I took care about first. Having a fast CPU, 2048MB memory, two internal harddisks and one external harddisk is an advantage of course.

As far as I know, the trial version of all these software don't have any limitation, but I'm not sure of it.
    My logical mind and intuition tells me, that these softwares can't afford any limitation.
    Some of these software have a short trial period, like 15 days, which is IMO too short. That's why you have to read about them first without doing anything.

10. canyue

canyue Registered Member

thanks
    I learn much! i will try !you give me a bit of good advice!Thank you!

11. hsj

hsj Registered Member

I had the same exact problem with ShadowUser. Anyway, I am going to give DF a try and see if it's any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.