Questions about Hitman Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by berryracer, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have never ued it before

1) I am using avast! Free Antivirus 7 along with MBAM Pro (exclusions setup for both and they are both running on access scanning)

2) I have SUPERAntiSpyware that I run every other day to get rid of the harmful cookies

3) Do I need Hitman Pro or is it overkill and not needed for my system?

4) Does Hitman Pro run actively as well? Wouldn't that cause major slow down / trouble running avast! Antivirus + MBAM Pro + Hitman Pro? please correct my understanding

kthxbye

2. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Hitman Pro doesn't run in real time and it would not be overkill. It is run as on-demand only. If it detects malware and you want to remove it, you have to activate licence - you can use 30 days free trial. After that you have to pay for licence to remove malware.

I use it as a second opinion for identification of malware only. If something is found, I remove it manually.

3. berryracer

Does it detect a lot of false positives? and how is it better than MBAM which has an excellent track record?

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi tomazyk
    Not necessarily so, #4581

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

5. berryracer

I was just about to buy it but noticed that they don't have a lifetime license option! I love how MBAM has a lifetime license option I certainly don't want a subsription based ani-malware program

bummer, ill pass on this one and stick to MBAM Pro + avast! free antivirus

6. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for info. I will test it if HMP ever finds anything :)

You don't have to buy it. Just run it and see if it finds anything. Then you can decide weather you like to buy it (or use a method that TheQuest suggested).

HMP uses multiple engines so some false positives can happen. Especially if you use EWS scan.

7. berryracer

Very unfortunate reply from HitmanPro Support, but I have to state that they replied within 12 hours! impressive

~Private email removed~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  8. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

So EWS detections can be removed for free? Sweet.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

In all these years, the only lifetime licenses i've ever seen are the ones posted here at Wilders.
    Lifetime licenses is not a good business model money wise i guess. :rolleyes:

10. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

True Noob, and it's why I somewhat fear for the future of Sandboxie. The last thing I want is for it to go under, or for Tzuk to feel pressure to sell out to a larger company. Is there any doubt the quality/integrity of the product would suffer as a result?

I hope people can donate whatever they can, here and there. Even $1-2, given enough people can really add up.

Food for thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.