Questions about Bing search engine

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

[SOLVED] Questions about Bing search engine

I'm trying to get Bing to remember my Preferences but it's not going too well. Has anyone had success with this? Here's what I've done so far.

I went to Bing and selected Preferences in the upper right-hand corner, entered my Preferences, then saved. After that I set my browser (Firefox 3.6.12) to keep cookies bing.com and ***.bing.com (the only two stored in Firefox after saving my Preferences). I restarted Firefox and the cookies were saved so it's looking good so far. When I went back to Bing and did a search it only displayed 10 results per page when it should have displayed 50. It doesn't matter if I select "Show all" or "Your settings" (see attachment), it insists on only showing 10 per page. My Preferences are being saved as long as the cookies are saved. When I click Preferences or "Your settings" and look, my Preferences are still there, Bing just doesn't pay any attention to them.

Do you have to be signed in for Bing to be fully functional? That's the only thing I can think of that I haven't tried. Or is Bing just crap?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5517/capture4mb.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  2. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Cancel that, it's working, a little goofy but working. Sometimes the first page says "Showing 1-10 of whatever," but on the second page it'll be something like 6-55. On some pages it works like I would expect. Weird, but it's working. :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.