Questions About 2 Different AV's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

NOTE: This is not an A vs. B comparison. Im only creating one thread to prevent forum clutter.

Ok lets start off with Kaspersky AV. Im currently using the 2011 version. From what I can tell it weighs in at 75Mbs, but feels decently light. During startup however it takes a little bit for KAV to load up which wasnt the case with RAV and AVG when I had those two. I really like the new 2011 interface. Its easy to navigate and intuitive. Regardless does anyone have any real world testing results for this particular AV? Performance tests? Not your standard AVC, VB100, etc.

Now onto F-Secure AV 2011. Ive never used this AV and I havent seen any reviews or tests on this. Anyone have any? Again not looking for AVC, VB100, etc. Looking for real world experiences. Also anyone have any configuration tips? Like I said Ive never used this and Im not familiar with F-Secure as a whole.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yeah right.;)

3. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hmmm........you could have just put in your query about F-Secure..rather than all the circumlocution that preceded it....

it runs light...atleast it feels light:p....adds quite a few processes

well......try this then....mind you it ain't real world either
    F-Secure Anti-Virus 2011 review

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  4. whitedragon551

Could have, but Im also looking for the same type of testing regarding KAV 2011 as well so I found it appropriate to group the two together in one thread.

Looks like F Secure, despite all the processes, doesnt hog very much at all.

5. kasperking

well raymond did some testing..........but it had f secure 2010...maybe it would help
    av test

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

7. kasperking

hmmm........this thread is going one way........

jeff......of late kaspersky has slipped at times.....the more they add to it the more they dilute its core :rolleyes:

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I loaded F-Secures 2011 AV last night and found it to be pretty much like the last. Detection is very good but it is still heavy. Configuration is limited and fairly simple.

9. whitedragon551

I feel the same way. The new AV even seems almost bloated because of all the useless stuff built into it. I dont like the fact that I cant select which components to install/uninstall. I also dont need a built in rescue disc, vulnerability scanner, IE Configuration, privacy cleaner or a system restore module in my AV software.

Simple is good. Seems to have a streamlined interface as well.

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Wrong. It is an A vs B and it is now closed.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.