Question?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MRSCT, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Sometimes when I log into a site the username and password pop up and all I need to do is click on it. And sometimes a box pops up and it is auto complete. I seem to like this function. Is there something set on the computer that will cause these things to happen?

MRSCT

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

It depends on the site and the browser that you are using. Firefox stores your saved passwords in the Privacy secion under Options. Some sites store the password in a cookie, so if you delete the cookie, you have to re-enter the passowrd. Internet Explorer stores it in Internet Options, under Content, and then Auto Complete...

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you are using Internet Explorer there are settings where-by you can select certain items to be auto-completed(Web addresses, Forms, User names and passwords on forms). Even tho this is very convenient in a sense....one needs to be very cautious when enabling these functions on a machine that is not totally secure.

One fine example is the latest organized ring of identity thieves discovered by Anti-spyware vendor Sunbelt.

Sunbelt Adds Detection for ID Theft Keylogger

bold emphasis mine

I would suggest you heed the warning and disable Autocomplete no matter how much you like that function....especially if you are not 100% sure your PC can not be compromised.

4. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I have heed the warning and am reluctantly turning off the auto complete. I have recorded passwords and usernames because I can't remember all of them lol :eek:

MRSCT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.