Question

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Bethrezen, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

Hi all

Is there some sort of a problem that I'm not aware of ?? have I offended the people here ??

The reason I ask is

As some may be aware for the last few months I have been trying to put together a help guide that pulls together all the best information and tools and the like that I can find in regards to helping people clean and secure there computers

Mostly directed at newbs but also able to help even the advanced user

And several time I have come here asking for help asking for people to check my work to verify that I haven't made mistakes to check that what I write makes sense to point me in the direction of information and the like that I was not aware of and so on

Yet despite the fact that I'm trying to do some good trying to do my part to give back to the community which has taught me so much I get snubbed and my request largely get ignored by the experts and I'm left to wonder why ??

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

One reason I have not replied to your post's is that you have done a very good job and what little I would mention really would not improve your list so I just haven't said anything. But I have been watching you progress and you are doing well. That is my reason as to why I haven't replied, but I can not speak for anyone else.

bigc

3. Bethrezen

hi

well that's nice to know wonder if its the same for others round here ??

would I would say though is even if its something minor you should speak up for 2 reasons

the first being even something minor can spark off an idea that I hadn't considered before

second a little constructive criticism is useful

for instance OPTIMIZER/INFINITY suggested to me that I should take a look at my lay out a lil bit as its some what haphazard and monotonous

even though this is only a minor point and artistic flare isn't one of my strong points I can see what he is saying and it is something that needs looking at

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Panda has exceptional trojan and virus removal tools. Panda might warrant a mention, I have had them work when others wouldn't. Just a small suggestion for you. If anything else comes to mind I will give it a mention.

bigc

5. Bethrezen

hi

not a bad idea i dont think i have that one listed ill have to check

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I would also like to point out that a lot of the member, especially some of the high ranking members, have other commitments other than Wilders. I personally have not read your posts, not because I chose not to but because I had so much work to do elsewhere that I mearly missed your threads. Also the forum staff have work they need to be doing behind the scenes like moderating. I'm sure that no one here at wilders will have purposefully ignored your threads unless they felt no input was required.

Jimbob

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well said Jim....must be one of the best bits of condescention I've heard in a while.....I'll just bet the Admin and the rest of the Wilders Members, fully appreciate your efforts to alleviate them of any excuses for their conduct...what would they do without your tact, and that amazing insight into other peoples reasons.....Thanks....it's so comforting to know your there to cover for us.....

As for me, Bethrezen Mate, your obvious knowledgeable layout of the pitfalls and Cures, just about covers it, for my part, I can see nothing of any real consequence to be added....an excellent piece of work, which, I might add, I have squirrelled away for my reference when things go.....&88%"==+...Thanks.......

Cochise, :cool:

8. Bethrezen

hi all

thanks for your replys

point taken

good to know at least someone is making use of my work :)

i know and i aprecate your input thanks

thats good to know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.