Question

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Rico, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Are FD-ISR & Rollback RX the same product at Horizondata?

I have Rx versions 8 & 9 will they work with Vista x64?

Thanks
    Rico

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rico.

No they aren't. FD-ISR is a stipped down version of the original FDISR, and Rollback is the Horizon product. Different as day and night.

As to the 2nd question, I don't know. You should be able to find out on the Horizondatasys site.

Pete

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

They use COMPLETELY different technologies to achieve a somewhat similar result. Plus, the programs make their backups differently which can be very confusing to someone trying to find their few similarities.

Acadia

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  4. coen99

coen99 Registered Member

Rx 8 and 9 will work in W7 x64.
    Although you cannot use the full image function in 8, you can use the snapshot feature, maybe the ful image function still works in Vista x64? In Rx9 this function disappeared ...:cautious:

I tried this software but it has a main disadvantage, when you go "back in time" so to say, you loose everything you installed/tweaked after that.
    "Fine" you wil say, it's doing it's job, but this also means that you cannot have different scenarios to switch between. Eg. I use an image with all videoediting soft installed Adobe Premiere, After effects etc.. (scenario 1= video-editing station for my business) and I have an image with just games (scenario 2 = games station for my kids ... and myself ;)).
    This cannot be accomplished with this soft.

Furthermore Rx 8 and 9 change the MBR which can give you problems with imaging soft and encryption software.

I think most people are better of with FD-ISR or Acronis TI.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Eh! :blink: FD-ISR and FDISR are the same thing,:cautious: its FD-ISR Rescue that different: shifty:

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No Such distinction was intended. I use FDISR and FD-ISR interchangeably. FD(whatever)-rescue is the difference.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.