Question: VPN Providers and Our Data

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by apathy, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I'm curious about just how much access VPN providers have when we use their services. Would it be easy to get access to our passwords and website history?

Thanks for the help! ;)

2. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Why would they risk their own business in doing such pratices? They keep logs that you used their servers but not what you accessed. The best way to be sure is check what country are they based in. I know German Telecommunication law doesn't allow you to log what people is accessing.

Why would they risk their own business in doing such pratices? They keep logs that you used their servers but not what you accessed. The best way to be sure is check what country are they based in. I know German Telecommunication law doesn't allow you to log what people is accessing.

Just to make things clear. A VPN is not you connecting thru a proxy to hide your ip and browse the web. That's not a VPN that's a connectivity service.

A VPN is a secure site to site tunnel. That means that's between your pc and between another pc work, your site whatever it is. The internet is not part of a private network. A connectivity service acts as a router where you are hiding behind it. Your ip is not visible when you use it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.