Question to Windows 8 users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

If it isn't asking too much, would anyone running Windows 8 open Windows Explorer or whatever name they give it now, and go to C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules and see if inside this folder you find a sub-folder named NetSecurity?

I know this is present in the Server version, but I'm not sure if this module, which allows to control Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, is present in the consumer version, though.

I know it wasn't installed in my Windows 7, when I installed PowerShell v3. I wish it could be added to it, though. :(

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Yes it's there:

Attached Files:

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

It may not be there in final though, keep in mind that the preview has all features bundled into it.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

It will be there, I believe. I just found this info: -http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831755.aspx

I wonder why they haven't bundled it with the Windows PowerShell v3 stand-alone installer for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.