Question Regarding Shadowprotect 3.2

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by rwinegar, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwinegar

rwinegar Registered Member

Many good folks in this forum pointed me to this program. It appears to be very popular with TI users.

I downloaded the program. But I am confused. I downloaded 2 zipped files. One is an ISO file and is 251MB. The other is called "install" and is only 14.6MB.

Why 2 files? I assume the smaller one is the installation file. Am I right? What then is the purpose of the 251MB ISO file? If this is to create a boot disk how do I go about doing that?

Thanks for all your help.

2. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

The ISO file is a prebuilt recovery disc based on WinPE 2.0. There isn't any method to "build a disc" as it's already done for you :) . You can also install the application via this ISO but the smaller setup file can also be used. They probably break it up because they have to pay a license fee for everyone that uses the WinPE disc (Which in essence trickles down to you).

Hope this helps.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You use a CD burning program to burn the ISO to disk. That is all you need. That CD is then both the recovery CD from which you can image and restore your system, and it is also an installation disk for installing to the desktop.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.