Question regarding Rollback-RX

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by yashau, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yashau

yashau Registered Member

To anybody using Rollback-RX I notice that it creates a bunch of processes. One of which is shieldtray.exe. I was wondering if this is really needed for Rollback-RX to function (scheduled snapshots etc).

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

It only spawns two processes. The one you mentioned is one of them, the other I forgot (shieldcmd.exe, if I remember correctly). To answer your question, I don't think shieldtray.exe is needed for Rollback to function properly.

3. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I did a google of this and found the following as it relates to RollBack Rx, other links indicated it was malware but in this case I don't expect thats the case. Probably the best thing to do is bring this up with Horizon tech support. The link to the discussion about this is as follows (interestingly enough its a Wilders Forum discussion)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-187532.html

4. yashau

yashau Registered Member

I know it's not malware I just don't really want to keep it there unless it's a vital part of Rollback-RX's functionality (also I hate the ugly icon) :p

Thanks ambient_88 I hope you're right :D

5. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I have had good results with the live chat at the RollBack site but thats just for sales and general issues. I had a more in-depth question and submitted a tech support ticket and had a reply in a reasonable time frame (and I have yet to purchase the program). Seems to me the best way to go would be to either try live chat or create a support ticket, then you would know for sure one way or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.