Question regarding overlapping h.i.p.s./behavior monitoring in software

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chrome_sturmen, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I am using kaspersky antivirus, which has a proactive defense module comprised of application activity analyzer, application intergrity control, and registry guard. I got a year license for mamutu, which I am also running, but i've been wondering if these two components perform the same functions, and if not, where any overlap may be. Also, I wonder where online armor may fit into the above mentioned scheme, as usually it serves as my h.i.p.s.

Agnitum firewall's anti-leak modules also seem to perform similarly (though geared in a different way).

Any advices/thoughts are appreciated. I am just trying to trim down any uneccesary overlap.

Thanks,
    Chrome

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

HI,

Mamutu has not got a large registry control (only run* entries), so on that area KIS is problably better (I suppose). What you can do is check the descriptions. Mamutu allows to deselect protection options, so in this way you can decrease overlap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.