Question regarding IMON's site blocking.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Searinox, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searinox

Searinox Registered Member

Hi. I was looking around to see how NOD32 handles blacklisted sites. I have seen it block malicious OBJECTS such as .js files or downloads from a webpage but I wanted to see it block an actual site.

I looked up the example and found v-codec.com. The malware site's domain has long been sold to a 3rd party advertiser now but it remains on the blacklist.

Two things bothered me...

1. The page actually got to load some. It didn't completly load, just the white background and a bit of text with hyperlinks.

2. When the website WAS blocked, I was given a 'connection interrupted' message by Firefox. Unlike the malicious objects IMON blocked in the past, I was issued NO WARNING, certainly not the warning window that is displayed on the official support page. It was just silently cut off.

This comes as a worry to me. I want to be able to discern which sites are dropping connection due to other issues and what sites are being blocked by IMON. Is there any way to achieve that? Thank you.

EDIT:I was bored waiting for a response and began looking up the forum's advanced NOD32 tutorials. I ended up switching Firefox and all other apps to Maximum Efficiency mode and the error is now displayed! I've one question remaining. Is there a way to get all new apps to be added in Max Efficiency mode by default?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Searinox,

There is not a way to do this.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I don't see a reason for such an option unless you install new browsers on a regular basis.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

You should try using K9 Filter. It has many different options on what you can block in your web browser. Its amazing! I put it on my computer because other people use it at times. You can black list, and white list any pages you want. It has options for blocking malware, and spyware pages. I've been using it for over a year, and its a great tool for blocking malware off your PC. It has a huge black list. Probably the biggest out there. Its free! Try it out. You want be sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.