Question regarding Apple boot camp (bootcamp) restore

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by drosenth, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drosenth

drosenth Registered Member

Greetings -

I am in the process of doing a full set of tests with my new Macbook Air running Win 7 32bit to make sure I can complete image backups but more importantly image restores. I have noticed that if I use the sector backup it just isn't happy, and I am running a series of backup tests to make sure this is my Acronis replacement tool (they don't support boot camp so I am pretty much praying that this works fine). Anyway, my current question -

- Has anyone successfully restored an image w/o issue? I am referring to my Win7 32bit image on my Macbook Air

- Also, is there anything I need to know as far as making sure my backup parms are correct, and/or how to ensure the restores are repeatable

- I guess one more - are there any process write-ups that I could leverage, just to keep me from testing this like CRAZY?

I am a HUGE believer in backups, especially image backups since storage is so cheap and it is easy to return after a BSOD (like I just had, after installing MS011-12/13 on my MBA - a KNOWN issue).

Any feedback would be appreciated, and I will keep my boot camp results coming.

Thanks all,
    DaveR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.