Question re: FDISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by fce, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

more than 2years ago i run FDISR (raxco) on my laptop but it didn't work, next week i will received my new HDD and i planning to run FDISR again.

I'm confused right now because there's a FDISR from leapfrog (?) and there's FDISR from Horizon Data....i would appreciate if somebody will tell me what's the difference between two FDISR?

Also, i downloaded FDISR from leapfrog can i still buy a license from them or just go to Horizon Data?

thank you.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Originally there were 3 resellers, Raxco, Bootback and Peerless. Basically the same, with minor differences. They stopped reselling and now Horizon is the only reseller of the limited Rescue version. The Leapfrog version you downloaded was a consolidation version Leapfrog put together only for previous(Non Horizon) license holders so they would be on a uniform code base. It is not currently for sale.

If you bought a license from Raxco then you can follow the procedure in the post on 232. However if you didn't you won't be able to purchase a license for the version you downloaded from Leapfrog. Your only option will be to buy FDISR-Rescue from Horizon.

Pete

3. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks pete.

so what's the difference of FDISR-Rescue against FDISR Leapfrog. Is there any new feautures on Horizon FDISR?

4. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

As Peter2150 said, the HDS version is limited. It is limited to two snapshots and does not have the ability to make an archive. The freeze function is also not included.

5. fce

fce Registered Member

that's fvcked-up :D

so, no way i can get any FDISR from Rasco. :cautious:

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Nope !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.