question re:appending backup image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gm3317, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm3317

gm3317 Guest

I would appreciate some help with a question regarding "append changes incrementally to the existing archive."
    On a second HD, I've made a full backup image archive and, so far, have two appended files. If I want to restore the image to a new or the original HD I now I start with the full backup image, but do I have to do anything with the appended files or will they automatically load after the original backup image finishes.

I'm using TI8 (build 826)

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gm3317,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

When you run "Restore Image" wizard you can choose the appropriate date of the image in "Image Date Selection" window. And your system is restored to a state corresponding to the chosen date.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. gm3317

gm3317 Guest

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still not quite sure what you mean.
    For instance, if I have a full backup file called backup.tib and appended files called backup2.tib, backup3.tib and backup4.tib how do I get a full restore with all my latest files? Do I restore backup.tib and then backup4.tib? Thanks again.

4. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Yes, my initial thought was that I would need to restore "backup.tib" to get the latest but reading posts here I now understand that for the latest restore I would need to click on backup4.tib.
    If I wanted a previous restore set I could click on backup2.tib or backup.tib for example.
    No doubt a more experienced user/Acronis will clarify this, but that's how I understand it.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gm3317,

If you choose the full image (backup.tib) in "Image Archive Selection", click "Next" button then you should see the Imaging Date (the date of the creation of all the incremental image). You can select the appropriate date (the date of the creation of the backup4.tib file). Then Acronis software restore your system to a state corresponding to the chosen date, in your case the program performs the full restoration.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.