Question on Paragon B&R10 "Update MBR"

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bg56, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

I have a Windows 7 system that has two hard drives - both bootable. I need to remove my 2nd hard drive so I can install a new hard drive in HD1 slot to do a drive clone of my first drive but cannot. If I remove the 2nd hard drive and boot, I get "ntoskrnl.exe" missing.

Question: If I remove the 2nd hard drive, boot from a bootable recovery CD (built by B&R10), then "UPDATE MBR" of the 1st hard drive - will that fix my problem?

If not ideas on how I get past this?

Thanks

2. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

To answer my own question - the answer is "NO" it does not fix my problem. I removed the 2nd hard drive, ran B&R10 from recovery CD and did "UPDATE MBR". Now, I cannot boot even with the 2nd HD installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

I have to assume the drive was too faulty to fix the MBR - interestingly, I had been getting warnings but the drive was booting fine. When I tried to fix the MBR so I could boot without my 2nd hard drive (multi boot Win 7), is when I was no longer able to boot at all.

In running Win 7 system repair, I get a message indicating "bad disk" - so, have called it a loss and trying fresh install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.