Question on Kaspersky 6

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by so.fongy, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so.fongy

so.fongy Registered Member

Hi. I've just swictched from avg free edition to kaspersky 6. However, i've noticed that when i do a speed test for my internet connection, the results are much lower (13 mbps without kaspersky running but only 7 mbps with kaspersky running). Is this normal? When i was using avg the speed test results were pretty much the same. Are there any settings i need to change or something? Thanks.

2. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

I disable the mail and the web antivirus part of kaspersky as your on demand will catch it anyways.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I have already answerred your identical post at the Kaspersky forum.

4. so.fongy

so.fongy Registered Member

Thanks. Here is Don Pelotas's reply:

"It's because of the web-av (which AVG doesn't have), try to do two test, download a file with the web-av on, then download the same file with it disabled."

Unfortuneately i can't do the test at the moment because i'm capped (throttled speed bacause of excessive download). But when i do the tests, i should see that the download speeds are equal right? Thanks

5. toasale

toasale Registered Member

Why would any AV product's web protection need to be deactivated for speed tests? If a firm is going to offer this protection in a package, it should be available to handle bit processing. Otherwise, why have it if you can't surf without it's claimed protection?:p

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If this was true then i would agree..it isn't, some see a reduction in speed, others done (that would be me).:p

In this (taken out of context) example, the OP couldn't understand why there was a difference, between AVG and Kaspersky with the web-av enabled.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well cmon 8mb is more than fast enough so stop complaining. i only have 2mb broadband!

8. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

i also had an issue with this but mine was the opposite of what you are saying, i had Avira installed on this computer. when i did a speed test it told me my average was aprox. 8 mbps dn, 480 up. I switched back to kaspersky and my averages are 11 mbps dn and 480 up. so i dont know why you would see any slowdown with KAV, but then again im not an expert, just telling you my experience.

9. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I havent recognised a speed problem with Kaspersky, even have Web-AV at buffering scan, still works fine! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.