Question Logitech - Update Unifying firmware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Jun 8, 2016.

1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Concerning Logitech M325 mouse & unifying receiver on W7Px64.

Ok I got reminded of MouseJacking again. And how to update Logitech firmware. The instructions say to install 3 pieces of Logitech software & a specific updated firmware.

I have Synaptics Pointing Device Driver installed & no Logitech software installed.

Do I need to do this to stay safe? Is there any way to tell which firmware version I have, install the specific firmware update without installing all this unnecessary software?

If all that superfluous software is needed to upgrade the firmware. If I then uninstall the these 3 pieces of Logitech software will the updated firmware still be in place?

Logitech instructions
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/forum.../message-id/73186/agent-type/internal-crawler

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It seems that you do need to download the unifying software in order to do the firmware update. If you uninstall the software the firmware will still be there, as the new firmware gets written to unifying receiver, and after that there's no need to have the software installed anymore if you don't want it.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks that's what I thought. I really dislike the Logitech software. I'll image 1st. Oh well was hoping.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.