Question: Jetico PF

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fce, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

coming from PC Cillin IS 2007 (w/ firewall), just want to ask if Jetico PF have Wi-Fi Intrusion capability?

i'm concern some of our neighbors are using my own WIFi line. In PC Cillin IS it will alert you whoever trying to connect to your WI FI and you can blocked them.

thanks!

2. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

Yes. It does, check settings in Configuration > Optimal Protection > WiFi.
    Also you setup security setting in your wireless router (password protection, encryption).

3. fce

fce Registered Member

i can't find WiFi....see screenshot

Attached Files:

• jpf.jpg
      jpf.jpg
      File size:
      92.4 KB
      Views:
  4. gavel

gavel Registered Member

fce

Optimal Protection ==> Network ==> Enable 802.1x (needed for Wi-Fi in WPA mode) 802.1x

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Here it is, fce.

Untitled.jpg

Cheers. :)

6. fce

fce Registered Member

thanks Seer!
    i'll wait for my neighbors to connect again to my wifi and see whats protection pop up will jetico shows.

btw, anybody use ver 2.0.0.33 of Jetico? my computer runs excellent with ver 2.0.0.32, not sure if i need to update to ver. 33

7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello fce. :)

You're welcome.

Heres the changelog of 33:

31-May-2007 version 2.0.0.33 released. Changes:
    System crash on high load fixed.

It may be a good idea to upgrade. Jetico never crashed my system (and I do a lot of P2P), but this seems like an important change. I did an upgrade yesterday (if you do that, save your config first), and 33 runs fine... for now... :D And if anything goes wrong, we can report that, so it can be fixed in the next release. So yes, upgrade by all means and help the developers.

Cheers. :thumb:

8. fce

fce Registered Member

i already installed Jetico ver. 33.
    it freeze in the beginning and what i did is just hit CTL ALT DEL.....freezing is gone and it shows the task manager. thats one of the trick hit the CLT ALT DEL when you first install Jetico and it freeze.

btw i have a question, i already enable WIFI protocol but never get some pop ups if somebody accessing my wifi. How does Jetico remind the user that somebody is accessing personal wifi?

Also i noticed that theres no more lots of pop up during my computer start up, does it mean that Jetico firewall is already familiar with my installed software and my work history? i'm concern that i might do somethig wrong with the set up.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  9. fce

fce Registered Member

please help me to decide, after more than a week using Jetico Firewall it work fine with my computer configuration. No more freezing problem, no much pop-ups (except when using Yahoo messenger), etc.

I have two concern re: Jetico Firewall, one is my previous post (which make me feel unseure) and another one is the release of new comodo firewall (vista ready) this June 7.

But after using Jetico I'm now thinking if i still need to give new comodo firewall a chance.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

10. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I would stay with Jetico, since its running smooth on your computer now.
    The new Comodo will be a Beta not final release.
    Comodo uses 20+ MB memory.
    Jetico is between 13 and 18MB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.