Question for KMPlayer users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MeFer, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

In Events Log of DefenseWall showing attached warning.
    Is this normal action of KMPlayer(2.9.4.1435) or not?

I am asking this coz,other HIPS that i used before alongside DW did not give any warning about that.So,i was thinking that this is normal action for KMPlyer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I use KM Player often on my XP Pro machine, which also uses Online Armor (paid) HIPS. I am not aware of any adverse interaction between KMP and Online Armor. I am not a Defense Wall user, however, so I'm not sure that my experience is relevent to your issue.

I will say this: As much as I like KMP (and I do!), if I experienced a problem with it, I'd probably dump it for GOM player without much hesitation. I've heard excellent things about GOM and I figure switching to GOM is preferable to spending a lot of time getting KMP and DW to play nice.

3. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I would say its probably required for net access and updates. That would trigger the registry event if it was a major release.

4. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Yeah I would think that is normal. I have used KMP, VLC, and GOM alongside OA and also GesWall and have never had any problems. But you might post it to DWall forum just to make sure. If you do let I would definitely like to know what they say.

Optigrab- GOM is excellent the only downside is it doesn't offer as much configuration as KMP but I know a lot of people who use it for just that reason. But both are awesome.

5. MeFer

MeFer Registered Member

There is another small conflict with KMPlayer and DW.This two problem correlate-with i think.

I also asked to DW forum and Ilya answer as;
    ''The only strange thing I see is "Attempt to send keyboard/mouse input into the window of the process C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe". All the rest is normal.''

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Thats not that strange either because KMPlayer uses hotkeys and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.