Question for Experts of IDM

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mike2008_427R, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike2008_427R

Mike2008_427R Registered Member

For the longest time I was using FDM "Free Download Manager", but as it turns out it doesn't work for me with firefox 3.0.5, so I am now using IDM "Internet Download Manager". The only problem I have with this program is it downloads all files at once. With FDM I could setup a full list of downloads and they would download 1 at a time by going into options and setting max downloads at once to 1.

When I input a list of say 4 video files or 6 random files from download.com it downloads them all at once dividing the bandwidth. I am trying to figure out how to use IDM where it only downloads 1 at a time.

I hit stop all
    I make my list
    I select syncronized queue
    I it resume

It downloads all files at once (grr)

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I use the program and it is trial and error how to program it.

What I found is that you need to specify in the downloads/scheduler/main download queue/files in the queue/ right here specify how many files to download at the same time. I have mine setup up to download a max of 3 files at one time, and it has worked for me, no matter how many files I choose to put in the queue.

That's the only way I was able to get it to work, before if I had 10 files in the queve it would download them all at one time, this often resulted in corrupt files. For me 3 files at one time has reduce my corruption to zero.

I never use the syncronized feature, but I notice that it has a setting to choose how many files to download at the same time. You might want to set that and the main queue to match.

3. Mike2008_427R

Mike2008_427R Registered Member

Re: Question for Experts of IDM (now orbit downloader)

Thank you, for the configuration info

Not too long after I made this post I switched to orbit downloader. Where I would get 1.2MBPS downloads I now get 1.30-1.42MBPS download rate.
    Orbit Downloader / Preferences / Limits / Max Simultaneous Jobs = "1". Orbit Downloader / Preferences / Download/Connection / Connections to original URL = "8" and Max Connections Per Job = "8".

4. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

IDM>Scheduler>Download {x} files at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.