Question for Experts of IDM

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mike2008_427R, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike2008_427R

Mike2008_427R Registered Member

For the longest time I was using FDM "Free Download Manager", but as it turns out it doesn't work for me with firefox 3.0.5, so I am now using IDM "Internet Download Manager". The only problem I have with this program is it downloads all files at once. With FDM I could setup a full list of downloads and they would download 1 at a time by going into options and setting max downloads at once to 1.

When I input a list of say 4 video files or 6 random files from download.com it downloads them all at once dividing the bandwidth. I am trying to figure out how to use IDM where it only downloads 1 at a time.

I hit stop all
    I make my list
    I select syncronized queue
    I it resume

It downloads all files at once (grr)

2. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I use the program and it is trial and error how to program it.

What I found is that you need to specify in the downloads/scheduler/main download queue/files in the queue/ right here specify how many files to download at the same time. I have mine setup up to download a max of 3 files at one time, and it has worked for me, no matter how many files I choose to put in the queue.

That's the only way I was able to get it to work, before if I had 10 files in the queve it would download them all at one time, this often resulted in corrupt files. For me 3 files at one time has reduce my corruption to zero.

I never use the syncronized feature, but I notice that it has a setting to choose how many files to download at the same time. You might want to set that and the main queue to match.

3. Mike2008_427R

Mike2008_427R Registered Member

Re: Question for Experts of IDM (now orbit downloader)

Thank you, for the configuration info

Not too long after I made this post I switched to orbit downloader. Where I would get 1.2MBPS downloads I now get 1.30-1.42MBPS download rate.
    Orbit Downloader / Preferences / Limits / Max Simultaneous Jobs = "1". Orbit Downloader / Preferences / Download/Connection / Connections to original URL = "8" and Max Connections Per Job = "8".

4. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

IDM>Scheduler>Download {x} files at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.