question before purchasing

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by domenicfz, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domenicfz

domenicfz Registered Member

We are looking at this software package for a multi user environment. What I am wondering is when you need to disable AV for a short period of time can you set it to automaticly turn back on? I dont see it anywhere and was wondering if this has to be done with a policy. If it does are there instructions anywhere for this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's possible to disable/enable automatic real-time protection startup via an xml. A computer restart is needed for this change to take effect.

3. domenicfz

domenicfz Registered Member

lets say i go to a client site and have to disable the virus software for whatever reason and i forget to enable it when i am done, instead of me logging into the server to run a task that starts it is there a way i can have the server set to force it to start? other software packages allow you to disable the virus software for a period of time but i do not see that option.

4. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

When you temporarely disable the anti virus functions of a client it will report it to the RA server on it's next planned report cycle (default is 5 minutes unless you've changed it. )

The client will then show up on the RA Console with a red icon infront of it. Double clicking on the client and going to the "Protection Status" tab will show you the current status of the client, probably: Antivirus Protection Disabled.

In this screen you can click on a link that will state something like "Start all antivirus and antispyware protection modules". It then gives you a warning you can close with "Ok". The task will now show up on the Tasks tab in RA Console.

It now fires the task/event on the server and will instruct the client to enable all of it's modules when it connects to the RA server again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.