question before i buy

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by LFC, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LFC

LFC Registered Member

what happens when you got a fully updated nod32 and your subscription run out then you have to format what happens then is there anyway to get ya updates back which you had paid for before without resubscribing

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If your subscription runs out you are going to have to pay to get them back. there is no way to get them with your subscription out without resubscribing to the updates. unless I am misunderstanding you.

bigc

3. LFC

LFC Registered Member

thats wot i thought so theres no way of backing the updates up and replacing em back then

4. bigc73542

If your sub is out you can not update and if you did save the updates you had before your sub ran out it would be out of date real fast.

5. LFC

LFC Registered Member

just 1 more question when i buy this prog do they send me my username and password by email or is there another way and how quick will it be im in the uk by the way if that helps

thnx

6. bigc73542

got my pass and user almost immediatly by e-mail. there wasn't any delay at all.

bigc

7. LFC

LFC Registered Member

thats sound that then im gonna buy this baby been using trial im well impressed by it was using norton before well symantec but tried this and wow its way better

8. bigc73542

Nod is an excellent av and it is getting better all the time. I think you have made a good choice.

bigc

9. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I'm in the UK and ordered via the following web site and my username and password came via email in minutes after confirmation of receipt of my order. Aspect Systems provide UK based support - excellent judging by the only time I used it.

http://www.nod32uk.com/purchase/purchase.htm

10. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

The UK is one of those markets with a sole-distributorship - Aspect.. so you get one point of contact in the UK.

regards

Greg

11. davef

davef Registered Member

I brought NOD32 through the UK link and had installed and fully working in a few minutes. I e-mailed Aspect about a billing query for a friend last night and had a reply in minutes from their support. (About 8:00pm). Very impressed.

12. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

o_O does it actually matter where you purchase NOD even if you are based in the UK? Does the supplier provide the support or does Eset not provide general support when you have a license no matter who you choose to purchase from?

I am still on the trial version but will be purchasing when this is over but now I am unsure about who I should make the purchase from given I am in the UK. Are there any benefits purchasing from a UK supplier as the price is not as competitive as other suppliers? Any AV's I have had have been pruchased loaclly (boxed) of in the case of AVG from Grisoft itself but all my support goes via the program interface not via the place of purchase o_O

13. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I prefer to have my support based where I am, not 1000s of miles away in a different time zone and I prefer to support British based companies where the choice exists. If this means I pay a little more for my software, well then so be it - if I didn't have it, I wouldn't do it ;)

14. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi Howard

Apologies for asking yet another question :oops: when you send to support@ is this directly to the UK seller and if so is it only if you have problems with the actual install and or if you had a virus? I have been running and still do run AVG on my main PC but it is Grisoft I have to contact if I have a conflict or something - since purchase I have never has to ask for support form the UK seller.

Please don't think I am trying to argue about the way it is sold or anything like that I am just wondering about the way NOD works with support given they have a lot more re-sellers than AVG. I have just gone to the UK each time if possible for my software but with some it is USA only but support to me was general to the actual software. Most go through Digital River such as BOClean and Registry First Aid for payment after that support is with the developer.

I do tend to hope there is a UK seller as then we do not have an exchange rate charge but when I have no option as in BOClean I had to purchase outside of the UK. TDS being another but it is well supported this is the reason I am confused as to how NOD supports after purchase o_O UK/US/wherever :oops:

15. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Hi Robyn, all I can tell you is that when I had a problem initially with downloading updates (entirely my own silly fault as it happens :oops: ) I contacted Aspect Systems - the UK distributor of NOD32 - and received the solution by email on a Sunday evening (I was more than a little impressed by this). Any other problem and I would be contacting Aspect Systems - after all, my contract is with them - as well as posting to this forum ;)

Pleased to say I haven't had any other problem with NOD32 that needed any support beyond the good sense available to me in this forum. It just feels right - for me, I'm not trying or meaning to push this at anyone else - to be using the UK distributor.

16. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks Howard, I can see why you were impressed with a Sunday evening response (I would have been also) plus the fact of time zone would be in tune with us ;) I have to make my mind up soon but appreciate this reply and the fact the fact you know how the error happened now. I would have to consider the aspect of my own error in installing/configuring with the new install when purchased. Hopefully it would be fine but then......

It is not the actual program which is in doubt for me as I do like it but the source of purchase. This forum provides a 'lot' of help and advice which I have availed off and I am only running the trial version - thanks to all here.

Hopefully by the end of my trial I will be confident in the source I choose to purchase from. This is the first time I have dithered about the purchase from where :rolleyes:

17. Howard

Howard Registered Member

No harm covering all the angles and as you are buying NOD32, you cannot go wrong wherever you decide to pay for it :D

18. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Robyn,

because of internet, you can purchase anywhere - downloads are trivial at about 9mb - but the channel setup by Eset is through Aspect in the UK - you must pay more than the US price, plus add the VAT, which makes NOD32 in the UK more expensive - being a Brit myself living in the USA, I was seriously disappointed at being told I should not sell to a number of different countries - my home country (the UK) being one of them. We have passed a number of leads for NOD32 to the various country distributors - this has been a very one-way deal, with the leads we got in return from Eset being just a lead - and ours being BUYERS....

I joined XP Forum recently - PM me in that forum to discuss further...

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

19. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

webyourbusiness,
    Could you tell me if the Hungarian NOD32 reseller (with whom I've been most satisified) is affiliated with you? www.nod32.hu, Sicontact Kft.

Thanks!

20. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Another vote for Aspect in the UK.

Very quick reply to all my enquiries either by telephone or e-mail and their response IME has always been within a couple of hours. I can confirm that they do work at weekends ;).

So if you need an answer and Blackspear is asleep(rarely), they are a good backup :D

Yes we have the dreaded VAT here in the UK, and with the favorable exchange rate at present, the price of NOD in dollars looks very attractive.

But despite this the original UK purchase is IMO very reasonable, particularly if you choose the 2 or 3-year license. And the renewal price is even better ;)

Attached Files:

• NOD.gif
      NOD.gif
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.