Question backup strategy (Acronis True Image Home 11)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by deb01000, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deb01000

deb01000 Registered Member

Hello,

I have a question regarding the backup strategy. At the moment I am doing differential backups (weekly) - based on the last full backup. Of course now my differential backups are growing and growing.

Is there any way to tell TI to make a new full backup monthly?

Of course I could make a new task for a full backup letting create this monthly but then I had to clean up old full backups myself but I am looking for a fully automated solution.

Any hints?

Thanks,
    Bertram

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Hi,

welcome to the forum ;)

Because you have Ti11 I would use the "backup location"-possibility.

There you can choose that you want to get a new full after x-incr/diff.

- what build of Ti11 do you have?
    - do you have an English version?

3. dwalby

dwalby Registered Member

your backup needs sound similar to mine, minimal.

If you're only going to do a full backup monthly (or weekly) you might as well do it manually, then you don't have to rely on Acronis scheduling at all. manual = simple = less chance for problems

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deb01000,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

In order to solve this issue you should backup images to Backup Location. See Acronis True Image 11 Home user’s guide 3.5 “Acronis backup locations” to read more about Backup Location http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/docs/

Using Backup Locations you may specify creation of a new full backup after the certain number of incremental and differential backups, when a new full backup is created the old one with all subsequent incremental or differential backups is deleted. In order to create a new full backup after the certain number of incremental or differential backups you should first create Backup Location on your hard disk drive. Please note that backup policies are available when you schedule a backup task to create an image archive to Backup Locations only.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.