Question and a problem with TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zap427, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap427

zap427 Registered Member

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, so please go easy on me.

I have downloaded TI trial version from their web site and have been trying to get a feel for how the program works.

My primary need is to backup xp pro on a Dell laptop to an external Seagate USB drive.

Problem; I cannot get the boot CD used in recovery to work. I have done all (I think) obvious stuff, such as setting the boot order and burning the CD per the posts I have read. CD is a USB TDK unit.

Problem: I am not one to start asking questions without trying to find the answer first. Logically I would download the user's manual for TI 9 and give it a good read before asking, but, the download from the Acronis site does not work. I have tried several times on two machines and each time an error message is given for the manual or user guide.

Any help would be great

Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you try this link http://download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage9.0_ug.en.pdf.

When you say the Boot CD does not work what happens specifically?

3. zap427

zap427 Registered Member

Hey Tom,

Yes I have tried your link and I receive an Adobe error "Expected a dict object" I don't think it is an Adobe issue because I can load other user guides from Acronis.

In terms of the CD after I create it and change boot order; windows still boots as always; I receive no Acronis splash screen or boot options ect.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Zap

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Zap,

Using Windows Explorer, what folders/files do you see? If the bootable rescue CD has been created correctly then there should be a "Recovery" folder containing the following files:

bootmenu.exe
    bootwiz.sys
    f11.cfg
    kernel.dat
    mouse.com
    ramdisk.dat
    splash.run

Regards

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

The link posted by thomasjk works quite well for me.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You have a problem with Adobe the link is fine. Check this link http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/databases/trb/pdfs_damaged.html for a possible solution.

7. zap427

zap427 Registered Member

Tom,

You were correct; I followed the Adobe fixes and could access the user guide. Strange that I could open other user guides but not the one for TI 9.

Menorcaman, yes the folder appears on the cd with the files you listed but will not auto boot with Acronis splash and options.

Now that I have a user guide I will read some and if I cannot figure it out I will be back.

Thank you, both for your help.

8. como

como Registered Member

Can your computer boot from a USB CD drive? try an other boot disk to check

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zap427,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please follow como's advice and let us know if you are able to boot your computer from any other bootable CD(s) such as Windows installation CD, for example.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.