Question about Xerobank

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Lyx, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyx

Lyx Registered Member

For added anonymity, is it possible to use Xerobank and e.g. Freenet, I2p, or AntsP2P at the same time ?

More generally, I have found a very few threats in these sections about anonymous P2P. I am surprised that this subjet be here addressed so little o_O

2. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

Freenet I know works on XB. I recently tried OperaTor and got to some site... but it was so dog slow, I quit. Honestly, there's nothing there for me as far as I know, and it is painfully slow.

Cannot speak for the others...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

Yes, Freenet works just fine via XeroBank. Or, at least, it did a year or two ago, when I tried it. However, I didn't find much that was worth the hassle.

After all, the goal of Freenet (as I understand it) is to provide anonymous and secure communication among Freenet nodes, either restricted to closed groups, or open to all users. Freenet does not provide access to websites, mail servers or whatever on the open internet, and it is not accessible from the open internet, just from other Freenet nodes. Although one could certainly run a Freenet exit node, that would be extremely risky. I seriously doubt that any anonymity provider would permit that, given the attention it would eventually attract.

I'd also like to hear how various other anonymous P2P networks work via XeroBank and/or other anonymity providers. I'm especially interested those that permit hidden web servers, which are typically quite expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.