Question about USB thumb drives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by test123, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test123

test123 Guest

Hello,

I am considering the purchase of a USB thumb drive to transfer data and run a few apps off the drive ect.

What I don't know is do I need to install a driver on computers with certain operating systems like 98se or ME (it says drivers are available for 98/ME on the manufactures website)? I don't think a driver is required with 2k/xp.

I want to be able to connect the USB drive to others computers (no matter what OS they may have installed) without then having to install a driver on their computer.

So I'm wondering if I can connect to any computer (with any OS- 98, 98se, me, 2k, xp) without having to install a driver on that computer first. If so, any way around this problem?

Or does any one know of, or use a USB thumb drive on many different computers, with different operating systems, without having to install a driver first? Thanks for any replies.

2. BornMember

BornMember Registered Member

That's right, no driver is required for these and also ME. I am not sure about 95/98 though (never tried). USB pen drives are great everyone should have one.

Yes, a CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.