Question About True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NomadRider, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomadRider

NomadRider Registered Member

I have a situation that I would like a reliable partition backup and on the recommendation from a friend I have ended up at this forum. Here is what I am hoping to do, and want to be sure that my expectations are reached.

Having used Norton Ghost for many years, I am looking for an alternative to create images of my computer after the initial OS install and then at points after installing my main programs. This will be used for XP SP2 now and Vista Enterprise in the near future. I will be backing up the images to an external FireWire drive. In my adventures with Symantec Ghost, I would create a bootable floppy disk with drivers for my NIC card, and then copy the image from a networked Ghost server to my PC. Is it possible to create a bootable CD that would allow me to retrieve my image from my FireWire external drive?

Thanks,
    John

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Theoretically yes! I sugest you download the trial version of TI or Echo, burn the rescue media to a RW Cd (don't want to waste a CD if it doesn't work), see if on reboot TI can see your drives - if yes, you know that TI has the drivers required for your system, if it can't see the firewire drive, then there are some other steps to take to see if it can be smacked into submission.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NomadRider,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, with Acronis True Image you can create a special bootable media that will allow to perform nearly all of the operations available in Windows. Please have a look at this Acronis KB article for more details about Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 11 Home to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.