Question about Trojans

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Andrew 123, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew 123

Andrew 123 Registered Member

I seem to have two trojans on my computer that i cant seem to get rid of. They are: Trojan horse downloader.Purityscan.B and trojan horse downloader.Realtens.D also i don't know if these have anything to do with it but my CD-Rom is acting up and whenever i put in a CD it says that it doesn't detect one, ive reset my computer and cleaning CD's but it doesn't work, please respond i'd appreciate it.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi andrew, and welcome!
    What does TDS say about those trojans, were they detected by TDs or another program?

3. Andrew 123

I have AVG and it can detect them. Although when i try to delete or transfer them to the virus vault it doesn't let me saying i do not have permision.

4. Andrew 123

TDS just says the two files they are in is locked, i reconize the file names form where AVG found the viruses but i have no clue how to unlock them and let TDS fix it

5. Andrew 123

Ok! Three words, I love TDS! lol It worked, i had to open up the process list and hunt them down but it worked, thanks for help and referring to TDS :D

6. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

If you ever encounter locked files, if they're executables (such as .EXE, .DLL, .SYS) then they're probably running as processes or modules inside processes, so terminating the host process is usually all that's required to "unlock" the file.

Other locked files that aren't executable are usually held open by a resident process, so in that case it's just a matter of finding which process is keeping it open.

Best regards,
    Wayne

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Also if you want to scan with TDS or any other scanner, make sufre no other scanner is running at the same time. Especially AVG has the habit to make files untouchable (locked) or even invisible for other scanners at all!
    To close AVG: open it, the GUI i mean, uncheck all scan options and resident protection and close that abgain, now you can scan with TDS or another scanner.

Aer you now clean, no more alarms?

You came to the TDS forum yourself :) We're all in love with TDS, that's why Wayne created it for all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.