Question About the Windows Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sooflymami, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

I heard there's supposed to be 4 updates from yesterday (Tuesday) and I accidently clicked "turn off my computer" because I thought everything was finished downloading in the background. But it seems like it only updated 3 updates. When I was shutting down my computer, it said "sgtray.exe" on the end now square box task bar i think,that was appearing. Do you think it shouldn't affect anything for the Windows updates? Would the yellow shield still appear even though I accidently shut down my computer without finishing everything in the future when there's new updates?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Windows update is rather resilient, it should work fine and pickup where it stopped

3. sooflymami

So the yellow shield would still automatically come up on the tray again even though I shut down my computer in the middle of downloading updates still and said "sgtray.exe" after i clicked "turn off my computer"? It was in the square thing with the button that said end now. I think that was the task manager..not really sure.

4. ABee

ABee Registered Member

'sgtray.exe' has nothing to do with Windows updates:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/sgtray.exe-4895.html

5. sooflymami

Oh ok. I wasn't sure what 'sgtray.exe' was. But I did install the rest of the update from the Microsoft site since I accidently shut down my computer in the middle of downloading updates and it wasn't completed. Do u think it shouldn't affect the automatic updates for Windows updates in the future even though I made a mistake?

6. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Correct-- I think it shouldn't.
    I'll bet a quid that Cudni doesn't think it should, either.

We all make mistakes now and again. The great majority of the time the computer forgives us.

Wish I could say the same about my wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.