question about the startup items

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gnznroses, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gnznroses

gnznroses Registered Member

i have four apps that auto-start, schedhlp, trueimagemonitor, timountermonitor, and schedhlp2 which is a service.
    which of these can i disable? all i ever do is occasionally create a full backup. i don't schedule any backups, i don't use any other tools or anything like that.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

3. gnznroses

k, couple questions:

can i set the service to Manual instead of Auto?

pretty sure i can turn this off since i don't use user accounts or schedule tasks

k, does this only apply to scheduled tasks? cause if i manually backup then i have the software open and should see the progress in the program, right?

ditto for this one. i don't expect i'll mount any images but if i do it'll be from within the program, so do i need this app to "observe" the mounting?

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Why don't you create a Bootable Rescue CD? I believe thats the name. It'll put the whole ATI program on bootable CD. Then uninstall ATI. Obviously doing away with all those ATI startups. And whenever you want to use ATI, just to boot to the CD. And do what you want.

5. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I suggest you take a good look at the resources that these services use and decided if all the trouble to shut them off is worth it. I doubt it is.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

These use a piddling of resources. Stripping down services like these is like taking the window trim off a Hummer to save gas. It will have some impact on gas consumption but not one you can reasonbly measure or apppreciate.

7. gnznroses

true but if your hummer didn't have windows, then taking the window trim off would make sense. :) i just want to disable the ones that are for things i definitely do not use. in all, these are using 19 MB of ram. i have 512 MB, so that's 3.7% of total ram. my graphics card also uses some of my system ram, so i actually have less than 512 available. (it's not an integrated card, but it uses up to 64 megs of main ram, plus has 64 onboard).

8. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

If you have NO available free RAM, you might have a point.
    However, if you currently have free (unused) RAM, why would you think that creating more free (unused) RAM will cause an improvement?

9. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Op did you skip over my reply?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.