question about the ram disk e local files

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Oct 19, 2017.

1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i have a question about ramdisk and local files
    just an example lightroom and its database & files(are tiny photo previews)

can i keep the lightroom database & files on my physical disk , and let a ramdisk software use my ram to temporaney "move" lightroom database & files into a ramdisk , and when i have finished my job ,dismount the ram disk and restore (the database & files ) to the physical disk (the original destination)?

in short i have my lightroom database in c:\lightroom database , i want to keep here
    run a ramdisk software , mount my ramdisk and run lightroom program and use the ram disk to edit my photos (lightoom database) and when i dismount it let the content restored to c:\lightroom database

i know my english sucks , what i want i keep my lightroom database on disk , and use a ramdisk when i work with lightroom and speed up some lightroom operation using the ram disk , and after have all the files restored to the c:\lightroom database

can i do it? and how can i do it?
    thanks

2. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Would it not be better to use a SSD?

I do use buffalo ram disk on xp with 8gig 4 gig unseen by the os is a ram disk

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i just want to make some experiments
    i don't to use everytime the ram disk , only sometime
    but can ' i do it?
    should i copy c:\lightroom database to the ramdisk and when i dismount it ,the ramdisk program restore the new files to c:\lightroom database?
    or can i create a c:\lightroom database shortcut in the ramdisk

thanks

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    i mean can i use a ram temporaly ?
    do i need a bat file ?
    to copy my hard disk cache to the ram disk and after when i want to stop to use the ram disk , re copy from the ram disk to the hard disk?
    thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.