Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimmyD, Mar 25, 2007.
Actually, the press release says nothing about the software being released today....
It says April 2nd by the latest, so could have been released on any day between 13/3/07 and today.
.. and today is the last day of that the latest target date....
Usually the installation routines are the last things to go through QA and it doesn't take much to hold up a release when installations don't work right. I would rather wait than have a setup that doesn't install correctly, or worse, corrupts my system.
Until the 3rd version of antivirus is released, it seems that the actual version has failed, after many years of success, a VB100 certification.
And how long might take. It will be today, they all said it. Go back through old posts.
You should either check the facts thoroughly before posting or, if you are a 'stirrer', let the others here be reassured - the 'fail' was specifically on 'Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10'. This was not a Windows test, where most of are I suspect.
Well , ESET Europe site says the BETA will be out until April 2nd 2007.It is unofficial information that the BETA will be delayed.I hope it isn't true
Me too, but eset anounced the 2nd apr by themselves, no one forced them to do this. that so stupid to play such games with consumers. we can get back to drweb then....
OK When I read on their site about the product, I clearly remember that it was written something about 47 passed tests. I don't think they was refering only to the Windows tests, but Linux, Netware too.
Yeah, I know. My company is releasing software (general release, no beta) today too and I am patiently waiting as they work out the nitpicking issues in the last minute. It is frustrating but better to get it right than hold to deadlines (in my opinion).
Pretty soon this information will become official without esset approval just wait a couple of hours
well at this point, Eset has not done anything wrong and have time for this to come through. My only issue would be now to delay it, and make us look dumb for waving the flag until the last moment. Avira came through both times right on schedule with thier betas. I hold licenses for both and have patiently waited for today so I could install the beta on my other PC.Now tommorow, would make it a different story. Keep the faith folks.
I have e-mailed Eset Europe asking for an explanation, re: the press release and why they are keeping us waiting. If I get a response, you can be sure I'll post it here.
Yes please do because you make me laugh
well this sucks. I just called their San Diego office and after holding awhile, the young lady came back and said that upper support said it will be in the next FEW weeks and for me to keep checking their website in the beta section and when it is ready their will be a click on link. Yeah right Marcos, like you couldnt have just told us today when you were here one of your 65 times. Glad I bought that 3 year Kaspersky license.
And just why do I make you laugh? If you haven't got anything remotely helpful to post here, kindly p*ss off.
Okay everyone, let's tone it down in this thread.
They wouldn't be in favour of punctuality.
I feel like being cheated
Because you will get the same answer they give you in this thread :
The delay is quite absurd. Eset has been using the beta for months in their own offices. So I guess that that is enough to sort out the errors and fix them so that we could get it before the end of the second of April, as stated in the Eset press release....
Eset is a company with a problem: over and over again it makes the mistake to not take the costumor serious. And this one is another example.
Come on and grow up please! Try to get some common sense all of you
Should Eset release software wich is not ready for beta release? Nooo they should not because otherwise most peeps here would complain about the bugs and crap Eset brought us.
Let the Eset team cook and wait till it's served
Marcos, there have been reports from the San Diego office that the download of NOD32 3.0 scheduled for today may have been pushed back by a few weeks. Also, the time that many people thought the download would be posted by has also passed.
Has there been an issue that might cause a delay, or was there some accidentally incorrect information posted previously regarding the April 2 beta date?
It's been in the over for a year now; people are getting hungry!
The 2nd of April isn't over yet, so they still have time.
Separate names with a comma.