Question about Security Suite 3.0 beta

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JimmyD, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

I hear that the long awaited 3.0 Security Suite will be available as a public beta on April 2nd.

Question - if we are currently using NOD32, would we have to uninstall it before installing the Security Suite beta?

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

same question here :)-))

Ruben

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would suggest that is a very wise thing to do.

Cheers :D

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Although I have no information , I think we'll have to uninstall NOD32 since they are different products.Moreover ESET Smart Security will most likely install without needing to reboot , NOD32 wants rebooting . And if ESET Smart Security is installed over NOD32 , it will this time need reboot to remove NOD completely , even though it generally doesn't need restarting :)

5. garry326

garry326 Registered Member

Absolutely that uninstall it is a very wise thing to do

6. JimmyD

JimmyD Registered Member

Will do. I figured that maybe the security suite would recognize current NOD32 module and use that one instead of the suite's version.

7. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

When Beta testing the best approach is to uninstall / reinstall. That applies to released versus Beta, and changing Beta versions. It is a Beta release, so assume there may be conflicts and unexpected problems - we hope not, but in the end testing anything should be as 'clean' as possible, which means taking version conflicts out of the equation from the start.

Jem

P.S I can't wait to get my hands on this Beta... :)

8. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

me too :)-))

Anyone knows something about pricing

Ruben

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , you'll have to wait until the final version is released until there are some prices available :)

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well pricing to me doesnt matter, if they bring to the table what they are capable of. So, the clock is running, and I wish them well. I am sure it is going to be impressive.:cool:

11. garry326

garry326 Registered Member

:D Maybe the installer would give you a chance to reserve/update the old version and take it over.

12. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Any clues as to the added modules besides the obvious firewall? ....will it include a HIPS, or does NOD's already excellent heuristics engine preclude the need for a HIPS? :doubt:

Mod: If this is OT, please move...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  13. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

I reformatted so it can remove everything so I can have a clean install of NOD32 on April 2nd :D

14. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

hehe i reformated my hard drive week ago and since then i have no AV or firewall. Im waiting for my new nod32 :D

15. JeremyWW

Be a bu**er if they delay the release guys... ;)

16. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

You guys are formatting in order to install a new Nodo_O?? There must be something weird going on here at Wilders. Everybody gets all hot and bothered as there's going to be a new beta of a virus scanner........!! I have never seen such bull, but maybe it's just me not understanding such crazy infantile behaviour.
    I really hope you all get hit with the worst virus ever in the meantime! Man Oh man.....grow up!

17. JeremyWW

Hey, Big Apple...relax...yes they're infantile...but you know you don't wish 'that' on anyone... ;)

18. Big Apple

No, ofcourse not, but........this makes me shiver, that's all!

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hey man, we have been holding a "coming out" party all night waiting on the suite. We closed down the streets, everyone got the day off from work. I am so nervous I have been awake for 2 days. Man, how can you not be excited.:rolleyes:

20. Big Apple

Sure......... :rolleyes: I get excited about other things.

21. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

oh please! be serious here :D who formats his HD just to make room for new AV i just said that i had to reinstall my Win becouse of some unpleasant bsods :D and since i found out that nod32 3.0 is coming out soon i just didn't install nod2.7 i don't think that ill catch anything in one week.

22. Big Apple

I've heard this so many times before when people didn't see the need for an antivirus program.

23. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I haven't caught anything with KAV for over 4 years on one of my computers, so I don't think it is that unusual if you know what you are doing. Also never reformatted, and runs as fast as when it was new.

24. Big Apple

I mean, it's not wise to use your pc without any AV, unless you unplug from the internet.

25. JeremyWW

Personally, I'm looking forward to making love to my wife tonight...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.