Question about Seatools

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Jomsviking, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

Hello Wilders members.

I thought of downloading the Seatools utility to perform basic diagnostics on my hard drive. Seatools' main page:

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/

There is a windows version and a DOS version; the download of the windows version prompts for a license agreement and then, upon acceptance, downloads straightforwardly. But it requires .NET 2 to work, and I will try as far as I can to avoid having it installed.
    I'm happy with a DOS version, but it requires registration...?!?!?! Does it happen on your end as well (Europe here) ?

Anyone knows where I can obtain this tool other than in Seagates's website? (I am not speaking of ilegal downloads). Majorgeeks and Softpedia seem to have only the windows version. Maybe a recovery CD like UBCD ?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Wishing all a good day,

Jomsviking

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I always use this fake email-address, if it doesn't matter : "phone@home.et"

I always get my ideas from movies : frozen snapshot, self-repairing system partition, ... I'm too stupid to get these ideas myself, that's why I watch American movies.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  4. Jomsviking

Jomsviking Registered Member

A simple solution after all. Thanks shall you have, WSFuser.

ErikAlbert, thanks for the tip, although I would say you should take a break from american movies and watch russian movies instead; at least there russians don´t speak english to each other, and with bad russian accent to boot. And in russian movies when you punch a wall it doesn't make a hole in the wall and it leaves the hand hurting as a bonus....:cool:
    Strange, isn't it?

Jomsviking hands over to WSFuser and ErikAlbert a virtual (not on my end...:D )
    1L mug of beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.