Question about SATAs...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MilesAway, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesAway

MilesAway Guest

All,
    Used 6, no problem.

Used early builds of 7, no problem.

Later builds of 7, problems w/my Promise SATA RAID running in IDE mode, needed to manually uninstall the drivers/registry settings/etc. and go back to an earlier 7 build, after that, no problems.

Now using 8, build 768, no problems creating images or verifying them, however I have not had a chance to do a test restore.

Is this where folks are having problems w/SATAs, during the restore ?

I am using XPSP2, ASUSP4C800 mobo w/4 Maxtor SATA drives, 2 connected to the SATA controller and 2 connected to the RAID controller configured to run in IDE mode. I basically create images of drive 0 on drive 2 and images of drive 1 on drive 3.

Ideas ? Thoughts ?

2. LXC

LXC Registered Member

I have the same problems, hangs on 'processing' on restore, with TI8 all builds, as I did with TI7 build 627. I am using the SATA Promise 378 on- board chip. Problem reported on 7/28. Acronis tech support responded on the TI7 problem for a while but no response for 2 weeks. Tech support never responded on the TI8 bug report except for auto response.

- LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.