question about restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tam, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tam

tam Registered Member

I'm trying to restore my previous version of Firefox (1.5) because the new one is giving me problems. This involves restoration of just one folder, not the image of my whole C: drive.

I have gone through the restoration wizard, and when selecting the folder to restore, I have checked ONLY the correct folder, Mozilla Firefox. BUt when I arrive at the final "proceed" page, that folder is not listed. Instead, I get

Operation 1 of 1
    Restore data
    From file:"E: \COMPLETE NOV 3 06.tib"
    Backup type:Image
    Restoration of:Files

Is this OK? Can I count on it restoring just that one folder even though it's not mentioned? I do NOT want a complete drive restoration.

Thanks.

Theresa

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

"Is this OK?"
    Yes.

3. tam

tam Registered Member

Thanx. I'm about to try.

Fingers crossed,
    t.

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Lemme know :D

5. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

I have done this very same thing you are asking ie: " restore firefox" what I have done is renamed my new version of firefox to "mozilla firefox.old" then mounting my image and copying the firefox folder from the mounted drive back into "program files"
    I have done this many times with no problems. If it works for you just delete the file you renamed above. If not then you can simply remove the ".old" added above and no harm done.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as listed in the final window of Restore Data Wizard the data will be restored from the file "E:\COMPLETE NOV 3 06.tib". Acronis True Image will restore the files you have selected from the image archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.