Question about renewing 12 days early

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acillatem, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acillatem

acillatem Registered Member

This may sound like a stupid question, but NOD32 is doing the countdown to my license running out in 11 days now. Tells me every time I start the computer. If I just go and get it out of the way 10 or 11 days early, will I lose those days? I'm thinking it would start up from the date I renew, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm upgrading to version 4 also. Thanks!

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

The license will renew from the date that your current one expires, you don't lose any days by renewing early. You're free to upgrade, downgrade, or whatever you like for the duration of the license.

3. acillatem

Thanks!

4. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

The previous answer I think is wrong.

The last 2 times when I renewed early, my new subscription started on the date of renewal - so both times, I would have lost close to 2 weeks.

But both times I wrote ESET support - and they manually reset my expiry date. They told me that the new subscription starts on the date of renewal.

If you renew before the expiry date, I was advised to call them first.

This time I am simply going to renew on the day my subscription expires.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  5. acillatem

Thanks! I may just do the same thing, unless I call and they tell me different.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I didn't have any of your problems mine was automatically and correctly adjusted as shown later in the GUI the last time I renewed which was a move to version 4.

7. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Happy New Year!
    I did the renewal 2 weeks before expirind date, I keept the old ID & Password and the new licence was updated one more year from the original expiring date. The update wasn't instantly, but a day after. Maybe if you purchase a new licence, instead of renewing, you get one year after purchase date.

8. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I just renewed my license yesterday. The license was to expire on 2-1-2010. I immediately got an email with my new user name and password. When I put them in my license was renewed to 2-1-2011. No hassle, no fuss.

9. PROPP

PROPP Registered Member

This issue maybe vary from regions/resellers. I´m in Scandinavia and lost a couple of weeks after several renewals. Haven´t bothered to fix this but i´m soon to renew license again and won´t accept this anymore.

10. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

The last 3 times i've renewed and on the couple of dozen times i've done it for others it's always added a year to the expiry date. Never lost any days.

11. ginandtonic

ginandtonic Registered Member

I just renewed 5 days early. I uninstalled Ver. 3, went through the drill, paid with a credit card, loaded new Ver.4. Now it says my license STILL expires in 5 days! If true, I guess I need to contact support.

Sigh!

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you didn't receive a new username/password and your current license has been prolonged, it may take up to 24 hours for the change to propagate to the download / update servers.

13. piranha

piranha Registered Member

i did lost some days by udpating 5 licenses x 2 years from a reseller. I had a refund for theses days but dont understand why this happened

14. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Contact ESET since a one year license is 365 days, ESET should be made aware of the practices of your reseller.

Merci !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.