Question about Outpost Pro?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Atomas31, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have two questions in regard of Outpost pro :

1) I don't know why but the icon of Outpost pro on my tray bar is a white question mark in a blue bubble, why? how can I revert it back to what it should be? and what is the meaning of this icon?

2) Is there a tutorial or something like what Blackspear does so well to make sure that Outpost is configure for maximum security and maximum speed?

Thank you,
    Atomas31

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

1.) this means ur firewall is in rules mode. this should be fine. i included a pic so u can see the various icons.

2.) i dont know of any tutorial except for this guide which is old and made for v2.0 firewall (i think). hasnt been updated since 18-04-2003.

Attached Files:

3. aagfr

aagfr Registered Member

1. Right click on system tray icon ----> Policy ---> click Block most mode.

The "question mark" mode brings up the Rules Wizard when an application wants access to the internet. It is convenient when first setting up Outpost. After that, it is best to leave Outpost in the Block Most mode.

2. See Paranoid2000's guide @ http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9858

Edit: Sorry, already answered by previous poster.

4. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Thank's guy for your answer,

I have look the two guide and both are for previous version and the one from Paranoid2000 is also very long and confusing for me...

I think it's a shame that Blackspear doesn't use Outpost so he could have made what he is as made for NOD32 :-(

Anyway thank you WSFuser and aagfr for your answers,

Atomas31

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

that link is rele helpful, however the guide require a lot of interactivity and tweaking compared to checking boxes in nod32. and secondly some of the plugins mentioned arent that compatible with the latest 2.7.

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.