Question about Norman Security Suite v8.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Morro, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Okay about two hours ago i installed Norman Security Suite v8.0 with a free 1 year license, and it looks interesting enough. BUT when i was lurking a bit around their forums i saw that some one mentioned that most if not all ports where only closed and not in stealth mode with the firewall from NSS.

So i tested this through GRC Shields up, and look and behold on my computer there are only 6 ports in stealth mode while all other ports are just in closed state? I tried to look in the NSS firewall if there was a setting that would put all ports in stealth mode but i either do not see it...or it does not exist. Does this mean that NSS does not have full stealth mode, or am i missing something?

If it does not have a full stealth mode then i will deactivate the firewall part and use the Windows 7 firewall with Windows 7 Firewall control again. I will then only use the Anti Virus and Spyware part from NSS.

2. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Nevermind i am going to revert back to a snapshot from before i installed NSS v8.0.

I tried with deactivating the Firewall part from NSS and then activating Windows 7 firewall again. After i rebooted my computer, NSS hat automatically deactivated Windows 7 Firewall and activated its own firewall again. That is something i do not like.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.