Question about Norman Security Suite v8.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Morro, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Okay about two hours ago i installed Norman Security Suite v8.0 with a free 1 year license, and it looks interesting enough. BUT when i was lurking a bit around their forums i saw that some one mentioned that most if not all ports where only closed and not in stealth mode with the firewall from NSS.

So i tested this through GRC Shields up, and look and behold on my computer there are only 6 ports in stealth mode while all other ports are just in closed state? I tried to look in the NSS firewall if there was a setting that would put all ports in stealth mode but i either do not see it...or it does not exist. Does this mean that NSS does not have full stealth mode, or am i missing something?

If it does not have a full stealth mode then i will deactivate the firewall part and use the Windows 7 firewall with Windows 7 Firewall control again. I will then only use the Anti Virus and Spyware part from NSS.

2. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Nevermind i am going to revert back to a snapshot from before i installed NSS v8.0.

I tried with deactivating the Firewall part from NSS and then activating Windows 7 firewall again. After i rebooted my computer, NSS hat automatically deactivated Windows 7 Firewall and activated its own firewall again. That is something i do not like.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.